Table of Contents
P2Pcollab is a collaborative effort towards creating decentralized, asynchronous protocols for local-first peer-to-peer collaboration.
We develop decentralized internet protocols and tools that allow us ownership and control over our data and digital identities, and enable us to collaborate with our peers and facilitate content publishing, access and discovery, based on open protocols and open source software, without centralized censorship or opaque algorithmic bias.
We aim to shift the paradigm from centralized services with user lock-in to open, decentralized protocols with data ownership, pushing data to edge networks where we can locally access, search, discover, and collaborate, even offline.
We realize this through the research and development of local-first network protocols and data models, and their implementation as composable and reusable libraries and applications.
We design networks & systems that empower & respect users, and ensure sustainability of hardware, software, and human resources.
The following principles guide us to achieve this.
- Local first
- Data locality without dependency on remote services.
- Identity & data ownership
- Full control over user data and identities.
- Respect user privacy and minimize the amount of data and metadata exposed about users.
- End-to-end security
- Only the intended recipients should be able to read data stored and transmitted in the network.
- Self-organization, self-optimization, self-repair of networks and systems.
- Resilient networks & systems that can recover from network partitions and system failures.
- Minimize software dependencies and hardware resources to reduce complexity.
- Design systems with composable and reusable components.
We accept donations in order to be able to continue research & development of local-first protocols and applications.